Gerard

Monday 25 November 2013

Some Food For Thought!

Hi all, I thought I would do a quick blog to address something that crops up regularly when I am with friends and family. As you can imagine working in this industry has its perks and what I mean by that is I have been extremely lucky with being able to travel to some of the wonderful destinations we offer. Now I can see that green eyed monster raising its eyebrows already! When I chat about my travels to family, friends, in fact anyone who will listen I usually get the same responses, “That’s not a real job” “Is there any room in your suitcase” etc… so hence I wanted to give you my insight on this. I do not dispute for one minute that I really enjoy getting to see some wonderful places as a perk of my job but this part of the job is imperative so that my customers can get a full and comprehensive service from myself. From the initial email or telephone conversation an instant pressure is placed on me to match the perfect holiday with my customer. Our customers may have saved for this dream holiday for over a year, it is all they think about day after day so making sure their expectations are met does not come lightly in my books! From selecting the right destination, hotel, or airline, all these factors must be right so that the customer can just count down the days until departure and then finally unwind without any worries during their dream trip. Visiting our destinations, meeting the people on the ground and building relationships within the industry means that we constantly have our finger on the pulse and if there are any issues at all we know the right people to speak to. I love working in travel but what I get a real buzz out of is the feedback from our customers after their amazing trips. Here is a little note I received from one of my customers recently ….. “As yours is the first golf travel company that we have used to source our holiday, we are holding you in high esteem. Others would have to pull out all the stops to match you guys on your service levels. Gerard, you’re a tremendous guy. You like people, that is obvious to anyone, and you also love golf and travel. We will be, absolutely, using you as a provider for all our golf excursions in the future. You listened closely to our requests, adhered to the costs involved, provided close proximity to courses, and the flight & transfer arrangements. Please dont give up your day job! “ As I said, it is always nice to get lovely feedback like this. Ok, I must get back to selling more dream holidays so thank you so much for taking the time to read this and if any of you are wanting that dream holiday arranged please get in touch (once a salesman always a salesman!)  Best regards Gerard

No comments:

Post a Comment